Here are a few pics from the Lonestar IM 70.3 race day (thanks to Lisa for snapping lots of pics)
I’m removed all the ones that made me look really bad (like where I took a 5 minute nap between the swim and the bike). Highlights to look for:
- Exiting the water – this was my first tri in a wetsuit (and Xterra Vortex 3).
- T3 Team – Having the team made a world of difference, made you feel part of something bigger, and the coaches were just awesome.
- Bryan and Lisa – An endurance event for the spectator as well, Lisa was my support team and kept me from going loco the day before the event, and kept yelling “hydrate!!!” every time I ran by her.
- Finish Line – I did not post the double fist pump version of this photo, because it makes me look like a tool.
- After the Finish – Notice the T3 temporary tattoo on my shoulder. Now, imagine that I sunburned that entire shoulder, and that with the tattoo gone, the T3 logo sticks out in bright white in sea of burning, fiery red. That’s what it looks like today.