I’m packing up the Pathfinder and driving out to Arizona with Eric (a teammate and friend) today. It’s very hard to believe that after 10+ months of training, the big day is less than a week away.
I wanted to say thank you to all of you who supported my fundraising campaign for Transplants for Children. I really appreciate your generosity and compassion, and it means a great deal to me. I’ll be thinking about all of you during the race, and it will help when I’m really really tired of running (or biking).
If you’re interested in watching my progress on Sunday, there are a handful of different ways:
- http://www.ironmanlive.com or http://www.universalsports.com – live streaming of the race, usually showing the finish line
- http://www.ironman.com to track athletes and get race information.
- My splits should also be posted at www.twitter.com/bryanjrollins
My bib (race) number is 929.
My time goal is 13 hours.
Since the race starts at 7 AM, that means I’m hoping to finish at 8 PM Arizona time.
- My swim should be under 1:30, so I should be out of the water by 8:30 AM
- My first transition should be 10-15 minutes, then on to the bike
- My bike time should be 6.5 hours (17.5 mph), so off the bike around 3:00-3:15 PM
- My second transition should be another 10-15 minutes, then on to the run
- My run time then needs to be 4 hours, 30 minutes, which means 10-11 minute miles, which is overly aggressive for me after that long of a bike ride.
In order to beat my goal, I’m counting on a better swim, and a little faster bike – maybe 18 mph, but with winds and weather, you just never know.